Gorgeous 3 bed, fenced, pet friendly holiday home, sleeps 6 in Exeter NSW
Pet friendly gorgeous 3-Bedroom, weatherboard cottage in a very pretty garden with a mix of period features at the front and the convenience of a modern renovation at the back. Walk to coffee, general store, antiques and gallery.
The cottage is just a couple of doors away from the delightful Exeter general store. Enter this gorgeous weatherboard to find your typical period features such as attractive polished floorboards and pressed metal ceilings. There are 3 bedrooms at the front of the house sleeping 6 guests on 1 queen bed, 1 double bed and two king singles in a twin room. The style is eclectic and cosy with an interesting mix of artwork, furniture, and decoration. The formal sitting room has a cosy gas log Rinnai fireplace - enjoy a fireside drink before bed!
Step from the living room past the renovated bathroom with a magnificent freestanding bath on Travertine floors with marble vanity into a stylish new open plan kitchen dining living area overlooking the garden. The kitchen has marble benchtops, Nespresso coffee machine, all mod cons and lots of windows and light. There is a large dining table overlooking the garden and the choice of dining in or outside with the pergola and open fireplace providing a great outdoor setting. The fireplace is a real feature in winter and there are beautiful shady trees in a long deep garden to enjoy in summer.
This is an ideal location to stay at for visiting local wineries, Brigadoon is Bundanoon, Highlands Fling, attending weddings at Montrose Berry Farm, Southern Highlands Winery, Eling Forest, and all the Highlands have to offer including the Glow Worm Glen, Solar Springs, Morton National Park. We are across the road from Exeter Antiques, and Gallery Ecosse, a contemporary art gallery situated in The Halcyon Cottage, circa 1869.
The property features:
- Pets welcome upon enquiry- see our terms & conditions and declare at time of booking
- Modern renovated bathroom with separate toilet
- Cosy sitting room with Rinnai gas log fire
- Large kitchen/dining room with modern kitchen
- Dishwasher, Smeg range cooker, microwave and DeLonghi Nespresso coffee machine
- TV, DVD player, stereo, WiFi
- Outdoor entertaining area with open fireplace, pergola, BBQ
- Close to coffee shop
- 20 km to Bowral town centre
- Bedroom 1, queen bed
- Bedroom 2, double bed
- Bedroom 3, 2 king single beds
- 20 km to Bowral town centre
- 7 km to Bundanoon
- 9 km to Southern Highlands Winery
- 23 km to Gibraltar Resort
- 23 km to Peppers Craigieburn
- 24 km to Centennial Vineyards
- 25 km to Mittagong
- 21 km to Bendooley Estate
- 18 km to Berrima
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
Extras available for hire: (subject to availability - request at time of booking)
- Rollaway (inc linen) - $40 per night minimum 2 nights
- Portacot (inc linen) -full stay only (max $30) $10/night
- Highchair-full stay only (max $21) $7/night
If you wish to book any of the above extras, request this in your message.
- Note mobile range is poor at the property but there is a landline available at the property for local calls and to Australian mobiles.
- This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival.
- Pets welcome upon enquiry - please see the Pet Clause in our Terms & Conditions and note there is a $100 charge to have your pet stay.
- Extras available for hire include rollaway beds, porta-cots and highchairs. Send us a message to check availability and cost.
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling the property manager 24/7.
- This property is approved for accommodation only. No mattresses, tents, caravans or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. The guest limits apply at all times during the booking. Any extra guests (this includes day visitors) above those that have been booked and paid for must be approved in writing prior to the stay.
- Only the guests staying at the property are permitted to be present. If you wish to have visitors in addition to booked guests, you must advise us in writing prior to your stay and ensure you receive written permission. This is not possible at all properties. If you or any other guest receives a warning regarding excess noise or excess guests, you may be asked to leave the property IMMEDIATELY with no refund of monies. Noise audible outside the property is prohibited between 10pm and 8am.
- Under no circumstances are the following activities permitted at any of our properties: motorbikes, dirt bikes, quad bikes, use of firearms or air rifles, fireworks.
- WiFi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service, we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable.
- This property will consider bookings for Schoolies, however, these bookings can only be made by application. Please message us, a comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay.
Such a charming house and beautiful countryside location! Moments from the village coffee shop which serves yummy treats and a divine backyard which offers a cosy outdoor fireplace which we enjoyed an afternoon red around. We would love to return. Thanks for the memorable weekend.
Samantha, August 2017
"Beds were very comfortable and the kitchen is very well set up. Heating was also excellent."
Kerrie, July 2017
"Really great place for three couples. Great outdoor section with fire and great kitchen utensils. Really cute interiors and comfortable beds and bathroom. Highly recommended."
Luci, August 2017
"Poppy Cottage was fabulous! Super location, walking distance to a great little cafe and 20 minutes from Bowral along country roads! Modern and cosy, super clean and fresh. The garden was fabulous for kids and the house was so well equipped with everything you would need for a weekend away! Thank you so much."
Camilla, July 2017
"This is a beautiful house. Perfect for our family weekend away. We loved the attention to detail in the house design and garden."
Louise, April 2017
"Poppy Cottage is wonderful and we appreciate the amenities provided by the owner. It is a great home away from home and the stay was amazing!"
Darin, December 2016
This property's short term rental accommodation registration: PID-STRA-12921
The New South Wales government requires you to act in accord to the Code of Conduct when booking this property. Click here for information.
Pets are allowed inside the home but they are not allowed on furniture.
- Fence - 4ft
- Pets Inside
- Off Street Parking
- Fire Place
- Bath Tub
- Dish Washer
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Linen Supplied
- Plasma TV
- Free WiFi
- Beach Nearby
- Bar Nearby
- Restaurants Nearby
- Tennis Nearby
- Golf Nearby
- Fishing Nearby
LocationList other properties in South Coast - Jervis Bay - Shoalhaven
Fantastic and relaxing time in beautiful country surroundings. all the amenities needed!
Thank you for a wonderful holiday. Poppy Cottage was the perfect place to catch up with family, relax and enjoy the Southern Highlands. We’ll be back!Martin
Across the board it was an awesome place to stay! Thank you for such a beautiful house for our family holiday! It was luxurious, decked out with everything you could need and a super relaxing and comfortable place to stay. The team at Highland Holiday Rental Specialists have been great and a pleasure to deal with!Aaron
Really great place for three couples. Great outdoor section with fire and great kitchen utensils. Really cute interiors and comfortable beds and bathroom. Highly recommended.” Luci
We loved our stay here at Poppy Cottage and highly recommend Poppy Cottage for a weekend getaway in Southern Highlands. The décor, the styling the beautiful rooms….everything was wonderful! We will be coming back with friends & family! Thank you!!!Ashley
Poppy Cottage was fabulous! Super location, walking distance to a great little café and 20 minutes from Bowral along country roads! Modern and cosy, super clean and fresh. The garden was fabulous for kids and the house was so well equipped with everything you would need for a weekend away! Thank you so much.Camilla
Beds were very comfortable and the kitchen is very well set up. Heating was also excellent.Kerrie
We went away for a girls weekend to poppy cottage and it was absolutely perfect. The house is immaculate and the decor is spot on. There is plenty of room with a well equipped kitchen and ample heating for the winters night. The garden is a delightful and peaceful place to relax day or night with the option of a log fire. . The cottage is right near the lovely general store where we had a delicious breakfast and nice coffee. We got a taxi to Bendooley Estate for lunch which was easy and lovely. The hosts were very helpful and easy to communicate with if we needed. We will definitely be back. Thanks :)
Amazing home! Has everything you need and more in a picture perfect location. We had a wonderful time and I can't wait to be back.
We had a wonderful stay! Very comfortable.
Awesome stay. Lovely house and surrounds. We'll be back in summer.
Fabulous house, fabulous beds, fabulous fire outside, fabulous garden and roses, fabulous kitchen, fabulous time had by us all. Can't wait to return for another fabulous getaway!
Hands down the most beautiful house we have ever stayed in! Super relaxing, everything catered for, excellent location and styled to perfection! We will be back many times.
10 out of 10 all round. A real home away from home with a sprinkling of luxury on top. Thanks for helping us to have a great break.David
Lovely property, interior well done, very homely with all creature comforts. location within village superb with great proximity to corner store and southern highlands. thoroughly recommend poppy cottage as an excellent escape from Sydney to explore the southern highlands. we will stay again.Graeme
Poppy Cottage is welcoming, unique and all comforts are carefully considered. I loved my stay and would definitely return. You are gorgeous 'Poppy'!! Poppy Cottage is purely HEAVEN! Anna
Wonderful cottage with gorgeous garden. Well appointed spacious kitchen and comfortable beds. Exeter is a quiet and rural area with Bundanoon only 7 kms away.
The property was spotless, it was larger than I expected. It was decorated in an eclectic fashion, very stylish and lots of interesting pieces. The art work was beautiful. The natural lighting and large windows out to the beautiful gardens was a pretty back drop for the bride and bridesmaids to have hair and makeup done. The location of the Cottage was perfect, we had dinner at Bundanoon Hotel - (10 mins away ) we had breakfast and coffee at the little cafe 100metres away from Poppy Cottage - great coffee and food. Long driveway, able to get our cars off the road. Thank you for a great stay!
Everything about Poppy Cottage was exactly what we wanted and expected.
Poppy Cottage will exceed all your expectations. Photographs are unable to do justice to this property. You’ll leave wanting to plan your next trip back A.S.A.P. The whole experience from the helpful and friendly booking staff at Holiday Rental Specialists to final check out make for the best worry-free holiday you want.Catherine
Leave a Review
Book with confidence
holidaypaws.com.au is 100% Australian owned and run in Australia!
Deposit refund guarantee
For peace of mind in an uncertain online world, Holidaypaws Pty Ltd is happy to guarantee the refund of your deposit on a booking made on the www.holidaypaws.com.au website. See our refund policy for details.
We are fully integrated with the property manager's system for this property. We ensure the availability and tariffs are current when you request a quote for this property. This avoids any issues with double bookings or incorrect tariffs.