Large stylish and comfortable house with a beautiful garden. We enjoyed our stay
About This Property
With space for your friend to explore and run around this is a great option for sharing your break away with that someone hairy or furry. Although not fully fenced you will need to keep an eye out for your little Houdini. A wide veranda is perfect for them to chillout after you've taken them for some exercise around town or down to Lake Alexandra or one of the many beautiful country walks. A charming 4-bedroom property with 2 bathrooms with room for 10 guests. This property is ready for you and your best mate to come and stay.
Set in the foothills of Mount Gibraltar and a gentle stroll to the town of Mittagong, this home is set to make your Southern Highlands experience a memorable stay.
A charming historic house was once part of the Winnifred West Frensham Estate and was originally the greenkeepers cottage.
History reports that it was one of the few Mittagong cottages that survived the great fires of 1939, largely because a water tank burst and doused the fire.
Now renovated, the cottage has merged the charm of yesteryear and the convenience of today with high-end linen, oh so comfortable beds, beautiful styling and enchanting grounds and gardens which all combine to make your stay so special.
The magnificent grounds are a horticulturists' delight.
They have a citrus collection, including cumquats, mandarins, lemon and limes, and also fruit trees, including avocado, apples, peaches, nectarines, ornamental cherry and plum.
Plant collection includes large maple shades pretty, seasonal bulbs including iris, daffodils, fragrant jonquils, delicate bluebells and striking clivias.
There are nasturtiums, boysenberry vines, seasonal herbs, and an ample supply of rocket for the chefs in your party.
With border hedging, camellias, islands of colour, sunny lawns and tranquil nooks with dappled shade, this north-facing garden with a mountain backdrop is an absolute delight to behold! Tastefully decorated and comfortable living areas ensure that you and your guests have a wonderful setting in which to relax and enjoy the stories of your stay and tales of the day's activities.
Restful and comfy lounges are great for sinking into and watching a movie on the large flat-screen TV or listening to some of your favourite music on the Sonos sound system.
The 10-seat dining table is ideal for enjoying those special meals prepared in the well-stocked kitchen with fresh produce picked from the local farmers' markets.
Compliment your gastronomic creation with a glass of the local wine or craft beer.
Luxurious linen and bedding will provide a contented night's sleep in the 4 bedrooms.
The main bedroom with king sized bed and ensuite bathroom, and bedroom 2, also with king size bed are both spoilt with delightful garden views through the French doors leading to the verandah and terrace.
Bedroom 3 has a split king (advise at time of booking if bed is required made up as a king or as 2 singles) and bedroom 4 has a comfortable queen bed also overlooking the verandah with French door access.
(Note that if you booked prior to 17 October, the bed configuration has now changed).
The wide and beautiful north-facing verandahs trap the winter sun, providing warmth in which to relax with a book.
Lounge under the wisteria as it drapes and frames the beautiful gardens during the warmer months.
Enjoy alfresco dining on the terrace, perfect for meals anytime of the day or indulge in toasted marshmallows in the courtyard with firepit as the stars come out to play.
There is so much to love about the cottage, and you will want to keep coming back for more.
The Southern Highlands is a great place to relax, escape, unwind and rejuvenate within easy reach of Sydney and Canberra why not make the time to visit just some of the many festivals during the year - Pie Time festival, Craft beer & Cider festival, Tulip Time, Christmas in July, the Bong Bong Races, farmers markets and much, much more.
Bourne Cottage is perfect for all seasons.
Make your booking today!
The Property Features:
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, dishwasher and Nespresso coffee machine
- 3 Flat-screen
- TVs, DVD, WiFi, Netflix, Foxtel, Sonas Sound System, PS 4
- Comfortable and inviting living areas
- 2 bathrooms, the main with bath
- Full laundry with washing machine and dryer
- Reverse cycle central heating and cooling
- Luxurious linen and beds
- Library of books and board games
- Wonderful wide and sunny north facing verandah
- Outdoor furniture with BBQ
- Firepit and outdoor seating
- Beautiful grounds and gardens.
- Bedroom 1: king with ensuite
- Bedroom 2: king
- Bedroom 3: split king (advise at time of booking if the king or 2 single is required)
- Bedroom 4: queen
- 500 m to Sturt Craft Centre
- 700 m to Frensham
- 1.4 km to Lake Alexandra Reserve
- 1.5 km to Eden Brewery Craft Beer House
- 2 km to Mount Gibraltar Reserve
- 2 km to Fitzroy Inn
- 5 km to Artemis Winery
- 5 km to Bowral
- 7 km to Bradman Museum & International Hall of Cricket
- 8 km to Centennial Vineyards
- 11 km to Bendooley Estate
- 14 km to Berrima
- 114 km to Sydney
- 175 km to Canberra
- All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay.
- This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
- Terms and conditions apply for this property and payment warrants your agreement and that of all other guests staying at the property with you.
- The guest limits apply at all times during the booking. Any extra guests (this includes day visitors) above those that have been booked and paid for must be approved in writing prior to the stay. Only the guests staying at the property are permitted to be present. If you wish to have visitors in addition to booked guests, you must advise us in writing prior to your stay and ensure you receive written permission. This is not possible at all properties.
- If you or any other guest receives a warning regarding excess noise or excess guests, you may be asked to leave the property IMMEDIATELY with no refund of monies. Noise audible outside the property is prohibited between 10:00 PM and 8:00 AM.
- This property is approved for accommodation only.
- No mattresses, tents, caravans or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed.
- Under no circumstances are the following activities permitted at any of our properties: motorbikes, dirt bikes, quad bikes, use of firearms or air rifles, fireworks.
- Extras may be available for hire include rollaway beds, portacots and highchairs. Contact the property manager after booking to check availability and cost.
- This property is pet friendly. There may be a surcharge to have your pet stay please declare at the time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets.
- Wi-fi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service, we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable.
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling the property manager 24/7.
Property key facts
- Property type:Holiday Home
- About pets:
Pets are allowed inside the home but they are not allowed on furniture.
Bedroom 1: 1 King
Bedroom 2: 1 King
Bedroom 3: 2 King Single
Bedroom 4: 1 Queen
- Pets allowed inside
- Fully fenced
- Swimming pool
- Off street parking
- Outstanding view
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Linen supplied
Things to do
- Gibraltar Hotel Bowral
7 Boronia St, Bowral NSW
- Bradman Museum & International Cricket Hall of Fame
St Jude St, Bowral NSW
- Artemis Wines
46 Sir Charles Moses Ln, Mittagong NSW
- Peppers Craigieburn
Centennial Rd, Bowral NSW
- Centennial Vineyards
252 Centennial Rd, Bowral NSW
- Bong Bong Picnic Racecourse
460 Kangaloon Rd, East Bowral NSW
- Growwild Wildflower Farm
916 Old Hume Hwy, Alpine NSW
Restaurant / Takeaway / Cafe
- The Shaggy Cow
112 Main St, Mittagong NSW
- The Boston
107 Main St, Mittagong NSW
- Fire Drum
79 Main St, Mittagong NSW
- Glass Cafe
84 Main St, Mittagong NSW
Shopping / Groceries
Main St, Mittagong NSW
Bong Bong St, Bowral NSW
4.0 / 5.0
Score Breakdown from 7 reviews
Average Rating For:
7 Reviews - 4.0 Good
The house was beautiful as per photos Beds were very comfy. Communication was great
Great place to stay!Great place to stay over the Easter Weekend with a group of friends. Loved the big backyard and the beds are ridiculously comfy!
Beautiful garden for children to play in!A great place for adults and children to unwind. Children had a ball playing hide and seek in the gorgeous garden. The cottage has everything you need with a well stocked kitchen I.e. equipment, pots etc, for home cooked meals. attention has been given to all the little things you need to have a relaxing time away ( i.e. TVs, Netflix, Nespresso machine).
Perfect for families and young kids!We loved our stay, perfect for families with young children. Had everything we needed. We would definitely go back.
Beautiful spot close to downtown and quiet location.
Love how many plates and cutlery were provided. Great not to have to wash up for every meal. Super comfortable couch. Thanks for a great stay!
If you have booked your stay at this property through Holidaypaws, we would be delighted to receive a review. Please enter the email adddress you used when booking....
Book with confidence
holidaypaws.com.au is 100% Australian owned and run in Australia!
Deposit refund guarantee
For peace of mind in an uncertain online world, Holidaypaws Pty Ltd is happy to guarantee the refund of your deposit on a booking made on the www.holidaypaws.com.au website. See our refund policy for details.
We are fully integrated with the property manager's system for this property. We ensure the availability and tariffs are current when you request a quote for this property. This avoids any issues with double bookings or incorrect tariffs.
We use Australia Post SecurePay for our payment processing. The process is straight forward and secure. We do not store your card details!
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
You may also like...
Relaxation awaits at this 4 bed, fenced, pet friendly holiday home, sleeps 8 in Penrose NSW
Penrose, Southern Highlands - New South Wales NSW
Relaxation awaits at this 4-bedroom pet friendly holiday accommodation in Penrose NSW. Your pet is welcome inside this property! Ceiling fans will keep you cool while your dog will enjoy the fully fenced yard. This property can accommodate up to 8 people with 4 rooms and 4 beds at your disposal.
Pets Inside WiFi Fireplace Linen
8 guests 4 beds
start from$240 / night