Excellent position, lovely period furnishings and modern appliances. Book are a plus
About This Property
Fabulous 3-bedroom pet friendly holiday accommodation in Kiama NSW. Your pet is welcome inside this property! Why not enjoy a BBQ on the deck or a walk along the beach. This property can accommodate up to 6 people with 3 rooms and 4 beds at your disposal. Air conditioning will keep you cool while your dog will enjoy the fully fenced yard. All this and more will make your holiday perfect and your pet will enjoy it too!
This cottage was built in 1893 without the use of any nails and is a great testament to expert craftsmen and builders of years gone by. It retains all the original timber and stone walls and a cosy ambience created by high ceilings, wood lined walls, polished floorboards and a claw foot bath in which to soak your troubles away. Originally built to house the quarrymen and their families who settled in the area to quarry for blue metal to use in growing Australia's roads and rail lines, it has now been renovated to provide pure ambiance, comfort and joy for guests visiting the area.
The cottage has been lovingly furnished and decorated with a mix of modern comforts and gorgeous heritage pieces to create a relaxing, comfortable vibe with aesthetic appeal. The utmost attention to detail and quality has been paid with the set up and presentation to ensure your break is stress and trouble free. Books, games, Wi-Fi, Sonos sound system, even a writing nook with desk and chair are all provided for guests use and enjoyment.
Deluxe bed linen and towels are provided (bring your own beach towels), there are cooling fans and gas heaters but the ultimate in comfort is the beautiful sea breeze that flows through the house on a summer's afternoon. Enjoy a coffee in the sun on the front porch in the morning or a cool wine as the sun comes full circle in the afternoon. Gaze at the blue ocean and if you are lucky, spot whales migrating as the seasons dictate. There is agas bbq and outdoor dining for when the weather permits.
Dogs and children are catered for. The yard and the front verandah are fully fenced. There is a highchair and a porta-cot available at no extra charge. An additional TVin the twin room makes a great escape, as does the grassy back lawn and the very short 280 metre walk down to the harbour ocean pool - a great place to cool off with kids or swim some solitary laps for peaceful me-time. In the opposite direction, just 780 metres is the dog friendly surf beach, Bombo Beach.
All of Kiama's main attractions are within a 1km walk of the cottage: The Sebel Hotel, cafes, restaurants and boutique shopping, the Harbour wall and walk, Terrace shops, Farmers Market, Kiama Blowhole and Lighthouse, Kendalls and Surf Beaches. Further afield but still a very short drive is; the leisure centre, tennis courts, golf courses, surf lessons at Gerroa, deep sea fishing charters and Jamberoo Action Water Park.
The cottage is located in a quiet and peaceful laneway close to other residents, so we do not accept parties or functions or any additional guests, and we ask you to please respect the neighbours with regards to parking and noise. Check out what our past guests have had to say in the reviews below.
The property features:
- Flat screen TV, DVD, WiFi, stereo, video games
- Reverse cycle air conditioning unit
- Books, games, toys, highchair, porta-cot, fenced verandah
- Pet friendly with fenced yard
- Outdoor dining with gas bbq
- Dishwasher, microwave, coffee machine
- Bathroom with claw foot bath
- Second wc in fully equipped laundry with washer and dryer
- Cooling fans, gas heating
- Bedroom 1, queen
- Bedroom 2, queen
- Bedroom 3, 2 x singles
- 75m to Sebel Hotel
- 200m to Terralong Street - cafes, restaurants, shops
- 280m to Ocean Harbour Pool
- 225m to Harbour Wall and Walk
- 225 m to Farmers Market
- 875m to Kiama Blow Hole Light house
- 900m to Kendall's Beach
- 780m to Bombo Beach
- 14 km to Jamberoo Action Park
- 25 km to Berry
- 20 km to Seven Mile Beach Gerroa (learn to surf)
- All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff. BYO Beach Towels.
- Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property
- There is a $100 surcharge to bring your pet - please see the Pet Clause in the terms and conditions
- Please note that for safety reasons the front verandah is fully fenced and access is via the new front door at the side of the house.
- This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
- Directions to the property and key/access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival.
- Extras available for hire include rollaway beds, porta-cots and highchairs. Send us a message to check availability and cost.
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling the property manager 24/7.
- This property is approved for accommodation only. No mattresses, tents, caravans or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. The guest limits apply at all times during the booking. Any extra guests (this includes day visitors) above those that have been booked and paid for must be approved in writing prior to the stay.
- Only the guests staying at the property are permitted to be present. If you wish to have visitors in addition to booked guests, you must advise us in writing prior to your stay and ensure you receive written permission. This is not possible at all properties. If you or any other guest receives a warning regarding excess noise or excess guests, you may be asked to leave the property IMMEDIATELY with no refund of monies. Noise audible outside the property is prohibited between 10pm and 8am.
- Under no circumstances are the following activities permitted at any of our properties: motorbikes, dirt bikes, quad bikes, use of firearms or air rifles, fireworks.
- This property is pet friendly there is a $100 surcharge to have your pet stay please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets.
- To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks/under 21yrs groups and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort.
- Wifi is not supplied at this property.
Property key facts
- Property type:Holiday Home
- About pets:
Pets are allowed inside the home but they are not allowed on furniture.
Bedroom 1: 1 Queen
Bedroom 2: 1 Queen
Bedroom 3: 2 Single
- Pets allowed inside
- Fully fenced
- Swimming pool
- Off street parking
- Outstanding view
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Linen supplied
Things to do
- Kiama Rock Pool
- Kiama Bowling & Recreation Club
100 Shoalhaven St, Kiama
- Kiama Lighthouse
Blowhole Point Road, Kiama
- Kiama Surf Life Saving Club
15 Manning St, Kiama
- Kiama Blowhole
Blowhole Point Road, Kiama
- Kendalls Beach
2 Chapman St, Kiama
- Saddleback Mountain Lookout
Saddleback Mountain Rd, Kiama
- Jamberoo Golf Club
21 Allowrie St, Jamberoo
- Jamberoo Action Park
1215 Jamberoo Rd, Jamberoo
Off-leash Beach / Park
- Hindmarsh Park
Terralong St, Kiama
- Bombo Beach Reserve
Restaurant / Takeaway / Cafe
- Penny Whistlers
5/31 Shoalhaven St, Kiama
- Olive & Vine
87 Manning St, Kiama
Shopping / Groceries
- Kiama Village
143 Terralong St, Kiama
- Fredericks IGA Jamberoo
3 Allowrie St, Jamberoo
5.0 / 5.0
Score Breakdown from 2 reviews
Average Rating For:
2 Reviews - 5.0 Excellent
The cottage is well-appointed and very comfortable. It's close to everything; the beach, rockpool and shops so could leave the car at home. The beds and sofas were so comfortable and the fittings are top quality. We watched the New Year fireworks from the balcony which was a bonus. I shall return!
If you have booked your stay at this property through Holidaypaws, we would be delighted to receive a review. Please enter the email adddress you used when booking....
Book with confidence
holidaypaws.com.au is 100% Australian owned and run in Australia!
Deposit refund guarantee
For peace of mind in an uncertain online world, Holidaypaws Pty Ltd is happy to guarantee the refund of your deposit on a booking made on the www.holidaypaws.com.au website. See our refund policy for details.
We are fully integrated with the property manager's system for this property. We ensure the availability and tariffs are current when you request a quote for this property. This avoids any issues with double bookings or incorrect tariffs.
We use Australia Post SecurePay for our payment processing. The process is straight forward and secure. We do not store your card details!
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
You may also like...
Comfortable 5 bed pet friendly holiday home, sleeps 9 in Kiama NSW
Kiama , South Coast - Kiama - New South Wales NSW
Comfortable 4-bedroom pet friendly holiday accommodation in Kiama NSW. This property can accommodate up to 9 people with 4 rooms and 5 beds at your disposal. Why not enjoy a BBQ on the deck or a walk along the beach.
Pets Inside WiFi
9 guests 5 beds
start from$475 / night
Home away from home, 4 bed, fenced, pet friendly holiday home, sleeps 6 in Kiama NSW
Kiama , South Coast - Kiama - New South Wales NSW
Home away from home, 3-bedroom pet friendly holiday accommodation in Kiama NSW. This property can accommodate up to 6 people with 3 rooms and 4 beds at your disposal. Why not enjoy a BBQ on the deck or a walk along the beach.
Pets Inside Aircon WiFi Linen
6 guests 3 beds
start from$165 / night
You've found it, 5 bed pet friendly holiday home, sleeps 8 in Kiama Downs NSW
Kiama Downs, South Coast - Kiama - New South Wales NSW
You've found it, 4-bedroom pet friendly holiday accommodation in Kiama Downs NSW. Your pet is welcome inside this property! You will be able to enjoy the beach or enjoy the game on the TV. If it happens to get a bit cool during your holiday, not a problem, just get the fire going.
Pets Inside WiFi Fireplace Waterfront
8 guests 5 beds
start from$363 / night