Hands down the most beautiful house we have ever stayed in! Super relaxing, everything catered for, excellent location and styled to perfection! We will be back many times.
About This Property
Simply gorgeous: you'll love this cute weatherboard cottage and your pet will love the rambling garden. There's plenty of space to run and play outside plus a beautiful outdoor open fireplace to relax around with your furry friend. The cottage is ideally located just across the road from the Exeter General Store - great for coffee or brunch.
This gorgeous 3 bedroom, pet-friendly weatherboard cottage in a very pretty garden has a mix of period features at the front and the convenience of a modern renovation at the back. Walk to coffee, general store, antiques and gallery.
Pet friendly Poppy Cottage is just a couple of doors away from the delightful Exeter general store. Enter this gorgeous weatherboard to find your typical period features such as attractive polished floorboards and pressed metal ceilings. There are 3 bedrooms at the front of the house sleeping 6 guests on 1 queen bed, 1 double bed and two king singles in a twinroom. The style is eclectic and cosy with an interesting mix of artwork, furniture, and decoration. The formal sitting room has a cosy gas log Rinnai fireplace - enjoy a fireside drink before bed!
Step from the living room past the renovated bathroom with a magnificent freestanding bath on Travertine floors with marble vanity into a new stylish open plan kitchen dining living area overlooking the garden. The kitchen has marble benchtops, Nespresso coffee machine, all mod cons and lots of windows and light. There is a large dining table overlooking the garden and the choice of dining in or outside with the pergola and open fireplace providing a great outdoor setting. The fireplace is a real feature in winter and there are beautiful shady trees in a long deep garden to enjoy in summer.
This is an ideal location to stay at for visiting local wineries, Brigadoon is Bundanoon, Highlands Fling, attending weddings at Montrose Berry Farm, Southern Highlands Winery, Eling Forest, and all the Highlands have to offer including the Glow Worm Glen, Solar Springs, Morton National Park. We are across the road from Exeter Antiques, and Gallery Ecosse, a contemporary art gallery situated in The Halcyon Cottage, circa 1869.
The property features:
- Pet friendly - see our terms & conditions and declare at time of booking
- Modern renovated bathroom with seperate toilet
- Cosy sitting room with Rinnai gas log fire
- Large kitchendining room with modern kitchen
- TV, stereo, dishwasher, microwave and coffee machine
- Outdoor entertaining area with open fireplace, pergola, BBQ
- Close to coffee shop
- 20 km to Bowral town centre
- Bedroom 1, queen bed
- Bedroom 2, double bed
- Bedroom 3, 2 king single beds
- 20 km to Bowral town centre
- 6.5 km to Bundanoon
- 22.6 km to Gibraltar Resort
- 23.2 km to Peppers Craigieburn
- 24 km to Centennial Vineyards
- 25 km to Mittagong
- 21.1 km to Bendooley Estate
- 18.1 km to Berrima
- 9.2 km to Southern Highlands Winery
- 6.4 km to Sutton Forest
Extras available for hire: (subject to availability - request at time of booking)
Rollaway (inc linen) full stay only $40/night
Portacot (inc linen) full stay only (max $30) $10/night
Highchair full stay only (max $21) $7/night
All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
- This is a Pet friendly property- please see the Pet Clause in our Terms & Conditions and note there is a charge to have your pet stay.
- Note mobile range is poor at the property but there is a landline available at the property for local calls and to Australian mobiles.
- WiFi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable
- This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival
- Extras available for hire include rollaway beds, porta-cots and highchairs. Send us a message to check availability and cost
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder
- This property is approved for accommodation only. No mattresses, tents, caravans or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. The guest limits apply at all times during the booking. Any extra guests (this includes day visitors) above those that have been booked and paid for must be approved in writing prior to the stay
- Only the guests staying at the property are permitted to be present. If you wish to have visitors in addition to booked guests, you must advise us in writing prior to your stay and ensure you receive written permission. This is not possible at all properties. If you or any other guest receives a warning regarding excess noise or excess guests, you may be asked to leave the property IMMEDIATELY with no refund of monies. Noise audible outside the property is prohibited between 10pm and 8am
- Under no circumstances are the following activities permitted at any of our properties: motorbikes, dirt bikes, quad bikes, use of firearms or air rifles, fireworks
- This property will consider bookings for "schoolies". However, these bookings can only be made by application. Please message us - a comprehensive guest registration form must be completed prior to confirmation and a $2000 cash bond is payable 7 days prior to the stay
Property key facts
- Property type:Holiday Home
- About pets:
Pets are allowed inside the home but please do not allow them on the furniture.
Bedroom 1: 1 Queen
Bedroom 2: 1 Double
Bedroom 3: 2 Single
- Pets allowed inside
- Fully fenced
- Swimming pool
- Off street parking
- Outstanding view
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Linen supplied
5.0 / 5.0
Score Breakdown from 8 reviews
Average Rating For:
8 Reviews - 5.0 Excellent
Fabulous house, fabulous beds, fabulous fire outside, fabulous garden and roses, fabulous kitchen, fabulous time had by us all. Can't wait to return for another fabulous getaway!
Lesley and Michael
We had a wonderful stay! Very comfortable.
Awesome stay. Lovely house and surrounds. We'll be back in summer.
Really great place for three couples. Great outdoor section with fire and great kitchen utensils. Really cute interiors and comfortable beds and bathroom. Highly recommended.”
We loved our stay here at Poppy Cottage and highly recommend Poppy Cottage for a weekend getaway in Southern Highlands. The décor, the styling the beautiful rooms….everything was wonderful! We will be coming back with friends & family! Thank you!!!
Poppy Cottage was fabulous! Super location, walking distance to a great little café and 20 minutes from Bowral along country roads! Modern and cosy, super clean and fresh. The garden was fabulous for kids and the house was so well equipped with everything you would need for a weekend away! Thank you so much.
Beds were very comfortable and the kitchen is very well set up. Heating was also excellent.
If you have booked your stay at this property through Holidaypaws, we would be delighted to receive a review. Please enter the email adddress you used when booking....
Book with confidence
holidaypaws.com.au is 100% Australian owned and run in Australia!
Deposit refund guarantee
For peace of mind in an uncertain online world, Holidaypaws Pty Ltd is happy to guarantee the refund of your deposit on a booking made on the www.holidaypaws.com.au website. See our refund policy for details.
We are fully integrated with the property manager's system for this property. We ensure the availability and tariffs are current when you request a quote for this property. This avoids any issues with double bookings or tariff issues.
We use Australia Post SecurePay for our payment processing. The process is straight forward and secure. We do not store your card details!
You may also like...
Holiday Hideaway: 4 bed sleeps 9 in Exeter NSW
Exeter, Southern Highlands NSW
Pets Inside WiFi Fireplace Linen
9 guests 4 beds
start from$300 / night
Outstanding 4 bed pet friendly holiday rural property, sleeps 6 in Woodford NSW
Woodford, Southern Highlands NSW
Outstanding 3-bedroom rural holiday property in Woodford NSW. Your pet is welcome inside this property! or enjoy the game on the TV. This property can accommodate up to 6 people with 3 rooms and 4 beds at your disposal.
Pets Inside Fireplace View
6 guests 4 beds
start from$300 / night
Blissful 3 bed pet friendly holiday home, sleeps 6 in Bowral NSW
Bowral, Southern Highlands NSW
Plenty of space for the furry friends to explore or just relax in the glorious grounds and fully-fenced gardens. Offering accommodation for 6 guests with 2 bathrooms, this home is perfect for recharging the batteries. Settle down in front of the wood fire, enjoy a coffee in the sunroom or just take in the beautiful surrounds.
Pets Inside Aircon WiFi Fireplace Linen
6 guests 3 beds
start from$300 / night