“Wonderful property We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thank you to the owners for sharing your amazing home with us. The gardens are gorgeous too! We loved everything about it.”
About This Property
Set on over 4,500sqm, this is a charming property that backs onto the nature trails of Mount Gibraltar and offers a peaceful retreat with a sunny northern outlook. The Cottage has everything you are seeking for a short country getaway with family and your furry friends.
Set on over 4,500sqm, this is a charming property that backs onto the nature trails of Mount Gibraltar and offers a peaceful retreat with a sunny northern outlook. Highcroft has recently undergone a facelift. It now has a fresher, newer feel! Highcroft Cottage has everything you are seeking for a short country getaway with friends, or a longer family Southern Highlands experience.
Close to the cafes, galleries and antiques stores, the property is easy to find and conveniently located high off the road from Mittagong to Bowral with distant views of rolling hills and bushland. Local vineyards and function centres are very close by, with Corbett Gardens, the Bradman Oval and Museum, golf courses, Bong Bong Street shops and Sturt Gallery are short drives away. Highcroft sits 1.1km from Bowral town centre.
Inside, there are two living areas, three bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms and culinary kitchen and laundry / mud room. The formal sitting room has stained glass windows and looks north over the rose gardens and circular driveway. It adjoins the dining room and kitchen. The rumpus area is fitted with a large modular lounge suite with views across the courtyard and greater grounds. It adjoins the master bedroom. There is a large 58 flat screen smart TV and DVD player in the rumpus room with a second TV in the main bedroom.
Guests are invited to cook up a storm in the well-equipped kitchen or fire-up the gas BBQ in the courtyard using fruits, vegetables or herbs from the vast garden.
The green bedroom consists of a queen-sized four poster bed with an ensuite. The elegant blue bedroom consists of a queen bed with built in wardrobes, dressing table and window seat. The French styled antique twin room can accommodate 2 singles or a third couple with the beds pushed together. There is a further sofa bed (double) in the sitting room.
The gardens are vast, colourful and changing with the seasons. Blossoming plums line the driveway and flower in Spring along with iris, tulips, rhododendrons, camellias, wisteria and lilies, just to name few. Herbs include kaffir lime, parsley, thyme, lavender and Italian celery. Fruit trees include oranges, lemons, apples, pears and fig trees. Children can wander through the fairy garden at the rear of the property or play hide and seek for hours on end amongst the large trees including pines, gums and Japanese maples. There are three outdoor dining areas to choose from for alfresco eating or an afternoon aperitif!
Theres a selection of DVDs, books, cards and board games if its a bit chilly outside (or if it starts snowing!). The house has central heating so it is warm and comfortable in the winter months, and due to its elevation on the Gib it stays cool in summer.
The property features:
- 58-inch smart TV and DVD player in rumpus room
- Wi-Fi and basic Foxtel
- 40-inch TV in main bedroom
- Washing machine
- Large spa bath
- Music station with Bluetooth and USB input
- DVDs, books, games and cards
- Cot and highchair
- Bedroom 1: queen bed
- Bedroom 2: queen bed
- Bedroom 3: 2 single beds
The home is equipped with a double sofa bed (please bring own linen for this bedding)
- 2 km to Mittagong
- 3 km to Bowral town centre
- 3 km to Gibraltar Resort
- 4 km to Craigieburn Peppers Resort
- 5 km to Centennial Vineyards
- 9 km to Bendooley Estate
- 11 km to Berrima
- 16 km to Southern Highlands Winery
- 18 km to Sutton Forest
- All linen (sheets and bath towels) is supplied for your stay and included in the tariff.
- Cleaning is included in the tariff at this property.
Extras available for hire: (subject to availability - request at time of booking)
- Rollaway (inc linen) - $40 per night minimum 2 nights
- Portacot (inc linen) -full stay only (max $30) $10/night
- Highchair -full stay only (max $21) $7/night
If you wish to book any of the above extras, request this in your message.
- This property is a holiday rental, it is not a principal place of residence and there are no shared rooms. Enjoy your time in comfort and privacy.
- Directions to the property and Key/Access details will be emailed to the guest at 4pm two days prior to arrival.
- Extras available for hire include rollaway beds, porta-cots and highchairs. Send us a message to check availability and cost.
- Information during your stay can be found in the Guest Information Folder or by calling the property manager 24/7.
- This property is approved for accommodation only. No mattresses, tents, caravans or more cars than the property accommodates are allowed. The guest limits apply at all times during the booking. Any extra guests (this includes day visitors) above those that have been booked and paid for must be approved in writing prior to the stay.
- Only the guests staying at the property are permitted to be present. If you wish to have visitors in addition to booked guests, you must advise us in writing prior to your stay and ensure you receive written permission. This is not possible at all properties. If you or any other guest receives a warning regarding excess noise or excess guests, you may be asked to leave the property IMMEDIATELY with no refund of monies. Noise audible outside the property is prohibited between 10pm and 8am.
- Under no circumstances are the following activities permitted at any of our properties: motorbikes, dirt bikes, quad bikes, use of firearms or air rifles, fireworks.
- This property is pet friendly there is a $100 surcharge to have your pet stay please declare at time of booking and refer to our terms and conditions regarding pets.
- WiFi is not guaranteed. This is a service offered as a complimentary extra. As there is no charge for this service, we will attempt to fix issues as they arise but cannot be held accountable.
- To ensure the comfort of our guests and the neighbours, we do not accept bookings for "Schoolies" breaks/under 21yrs groups and under no circumstances do we allow weddings or parties of any sort.
Wonderful property We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thank you to the owners for sharing your amazing home with us. The gardens are gorgeous too! We loved everything about it.
Cheryl & Martin, July 2018
"This is a lovely place for a large group. The garden is a particular highlight. Thanks for having us."
Emma, January 2018
"We had the most wonderful time at Highcroft. The house was cosy and beautifully decorated with a gorgeous garden (full of stunning autumn leaves!). We were three couples, one with a new baby and two without, so the bedroom set up with the extra sitting room was just perfect. So close to Bowral shops and wonderful outdoor eating areas in the garden. We had the most spectacular weekend!"
Megan, May 2017
Property key facts
- Property type:Holiday Home
- About pets:Pets are allowed inside the home. However, please do not allow them on the furniture.
Bedroom 1: 1 Queen
Bedroom 2: 1 Queen
Bedroom 3: 2 Twin single
- Pets allowed inside
- Fully fenced
- Swimming pool
- Off street parking
- Outstanding view
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fans
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Linen supplied
Things to do
- Gibraltar Hotel Bowral
7 Boronia St, Bowral NSW
- Peppers Craigieburn
Centennial Rd, Bowral NSW
- Centennial Vineyards
252 Centennial Rd, Bowral NSW
- Artemis Wines
46 Sir Charles Moses Ln, Mittagong NSW
- Bradman Museum & International Cricket Hall of Fame
St Jude St, Bowral NSW
- Bong Bong Picnic Racecourse
460 Kangaloon Rd, East Bowral NSW
- Old Berrima Gaol
Wilshire St, Berrima NSW
Restaurant / Takeaway / Cafe
- The Boston
107 Main St, Mittagong NSW
- Fire Drum
79 Main St, Mittagong NSW
- The Shaggy Cow
112 Main St, Mittagong NSW
- Glass Cafe
84 Main St, Mittagong NSW
Shopping / Groceries
Main St, Mittagong NSW
Bong Bong St, Bowral NSW
Old Hume Hwy
5.0 / 5.0
Score Breakdown from 1 reviews
Average Rating For:
1 Reviews - 5.0 Excellent
Cheryl & Martin
If you have booked your stay at this property through Holidaypaws, we would be delighted to receive a review. Please enter the email adddress you used when booking....
Book with confidence
holidaypaws.com.au is 100% Australian owned and run in Australia!
Deposit refund guarantee
For peace of mind in an uncertain online world, Holidaypaws Pty Ltd is happy to guarantee the refund of your deposit on a booking made on the www.holidaypaws.com.au website. See our refund policy for details.
We are fully integrated with the property manager's system for this property. We ensure the availability and tariffs are current when you request a quote for this property. This avoids any issues with double bookings or incorrect tariffs.
We use Australia Post SecurePay for our payment processing. The process is straight forward and secure. We do not store your card details!
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
You may also like...
Beautiful 7 bed, fenced, pet friendly holiday home, sleeps 10 in Mittagong NSW
Mittagong, Southern Highlands NSW
With space for your friend to explore and run around this is a great option for sharing your break away with that someone hairy or furry. Although not fully fenced you will need to keep an eye out for your little Houdini. A wide veranda is perfect for them to chillout after you've taken them for some exercise around town or down to Lake Alexandra or one of the many beautiful country walks.
Pets Inside Aircon WiFi Linen
8 guests 7 beds
start from$350 / night
Wonderful 2 bed pet friendly holiday home, sleeps 4 in Alpine NSW
Alpine, Southern Highlands NSW
Looking to bring your long legged lovely or your little furry friends with you to the beautiful Southern Highlands? This is the perfect spot for your equine beauty to rest in the paddock, while you recuperate. Designated horse paddock with good fencing and pasture and water and for your furry friends their very own enclosure. Plenty of space for you to explore and enjoy the beautiful grounds and did we mention the very special accommodation for 4? Resort styled features, bedding and 2 ensuite bathrooms.
Pets Inside Aircon WiFi Fireplace Waterfront Linen
4 guests 2 beds
start from$300 / night
Luxurious 4 bed pet friendly holiday home, sleeps 10 in Kangaroo Valley NSW
Kangaroo Valley, Southern Highlands NSW
Luxurious 4-bedroom pet friendly holiday accommodation in Kangaroo Valley NSW. Your pet is welcome inside this property! If it happens to get a bit cool during your holiday, not a problem, just get the fire going. This property has a fireplace or slow combustion heater.
Pets Inside Fireplace Linen
10 guests 4 beds
start from$990 / night